Experts discuss the fundamentals of real-time, beat-to-beat noninvasive blood pressure (NIBP) monitoring and present new research capabilities enabled through the integration of NIBP technology and physiological recording systems.
Combining blood pressure data with other physiological signals offers detailed insights into—and gives a complete picture of—human subjects’ physiological responses in a variety of research applications, such as psychophysiology, exercise physiology, biomedical engineering and consumer neuroscience. However, traditional methods of obtaining blood pressure data provide a myriad of challenges, including invasive acquisition methods, lack of continuous measurement and complex set-up and calibration requirements. Additionally, combining traditional blood pressure measurements with other physiological data adds another level of complexity, often requiring the use of multiple systems, which can lead to challenges when attempting to make measurements simultaneously and ensure that data is properly synchronized.
In this webinar sponsored by BIOPAC Systems and CNSystems, Frazer Findlay and Walter Habenbacher discuss study design and demonstrate correct equipment set up and operation when recording NIBP with additional physiological signals. Specifically, Mr. Habenbacher explains the application of the NIBP100D-HD to measure noninvasive continuous blood pressure. He demonstrates setup & measurement and shows how scientific findings can benefit your research with advanced hemodynamic monitoring.
Following, Mr. Findlay demonstrates how to interface the NIBP100D Continuous Noninvasive Blood Pressure Monitor with the BIOPAC MP160 Data Acquisition and Analysis System and simultaneously recorded measurements of NIBP, ECG and respiration. In addition, Mr. Findlay discusses important data analysis processes such as computing cardiac output and stroke volume, and demonstrates how scientists can use the “Focus Areas” feature in AcqKnowledge Software to simplify their data review.
To access the webinar recording, please click the button and complete the registration form — once authorized the video will load in a separate viewing window.
- 00:00 – 01:27: Introduction
- 01:28 – 6:07: Moving from Snapshots to Continuous Monitoring
- 06:08 – 10:04: Patient Setup and Calibration of NIBP100D-HD
- 10:05 – 14:35: CNAP® Technology – How It Works, Setting a Protocol, Validation
- 14:36 – 18:05: Valsalva Maneuver
- 18:06 – 22:27: Advanced Hemodynamic Monitoring for Research
- 22:47 – 26:30: Introduction to BIOPAC Hardware and Stimulus Integrations
- 26:31 – 30:09: Connecting BIOPAC (MP160), CNSystems Hardware (NIBP100D/HD) and Adding Stimulus Presentation
- 30:10 – 31:10: Introduction to AcqKnowledge Automated Analysis Software
- 31:11 – 50:13: Equipment Demonstration – Simultaneous Measurement of NIBP, ECG and EDA and Automated Analysis Features
- 50:14 – 1:03:00: Q&A Session
To download a PDF copy of the presentation, click on the “LinkedIn SlideShare” icon located in the bottom-right corner of the slide-viewer. From the SlideShare landing page click the “Download” button to retrieve the file.
Head of Sales & Marketing,
CNSystems Medizintechnik AG
BIOPAC Systems Inc.