Event Coordinator – InsideScientific
Position Type: Full Time
Work location: Remote
Job Type: Marketing & Communications
Experience: None required
Industry: Preclinical Research
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Phone +1 (226) 973-9168
InsideScientific is looking for an Event Coordinator that will take a lead in strategy and execution of marketing projects with our industry clients. This is an entry level position that is ideal for a recent Science graduate who is keen to explore the business side of the life sciences research industry.
Projects will include virtual event planning (webinars, symposia, user group meetings), scientific writing, and supporting content creation initiatives. The ideal candidate brings an enthusiastic, outgoing attitude to this career role. You have great attention to detail, a passion for science & technology, a creative mind and are excited to explore the life science research industry. While you are a team-player, you excel at working independently and take initiative to get the job done.
Duties and responsibilities would include…
- Managing virtual events and programs
- Communicating with clients and project stake-holders, ensuring each member is on track and meeting key deadlines
- Host and moderate live webinars
- prepare associated marcom content for events through InsideScientific, which may include actions through email-marketing, social media and updating website media
- Working with the InsideScientific team to provide consultancy to our industry clients in areas of content marketing, brand building, lead generation and lead nurturing
- Scientific writing, editing, product and scientific application research (studying client products and services and determining how to communicate their value proposition)
- Preparing project debrief packages and reviewing results with the clients
- Post-secondary education (college or university diploma/degree), with a background in the Sciences
- Suitable transportation to attend training and team meetings in London, ON
- High-speed internet access at home office
- Laptop or PC computer (current operating systems and performance specifications)
Experience & Skill Set:
- Experience with laboratory research, life science instrumentation and research technology sectors is a strong asset
- Exceptional organization and multi-tasking skills, with a desire to work in an independent, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and comfortable speaking in front of small and large groups both online or in person
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word and Excel), and a strong background using Microsoft PowerPoint presentation software
Not required, but ideal…
- Experience with email marketing programs, such as Constant Contact and MailChimp
- Experience with webinar hosting software such as Zoom, GoToWebinar, Citrix WebEx, Adobe Connect and others.
- Familiar with multi-media productions and process (video/audio editing/podcasting)
To apply for this position, FIRST click the button above or follow this link to complete the application online. SECOND, please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com. Use subject line “Event Coordinator”.
We thank everyone in advance for their submission — only select candidates will receive follow up from InsideScientific to continue their application process.