Company: Ethicon, Inc.
Position Type: Full Time
Work location: On-Site
Job Type: Research & Development
Experience: 6-10 years
Industry: Preclinical Research
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Ethicon, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Preclinical located in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made meaningful contributions to surgery for more than 80 years from crafting the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing commitment to Shaping the Future of Surgery is built on our dedication to help address the world’s most pressing health care issues and improve quality of life. Through Ethicon’s surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact! For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
In this role, you will be part of an R&D group passionate about product and technology development. You have a customer-first approach, a passion for improving surgical outcomes for patients, and proven track record to deliver in a regulated medical device environment. You have strong interpersonal skills, work well in a multi-functional team environment, and have a wide range of technical capabilities to deliver on the next generation of connected surgery solutions.
We thrive on a diverse company culture, celebrate the uniqueness of our employees and are committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- With an expertise in the interaction of medical devices with living tissue, you will play a meaningful role in shaping the evaluation of safety and efficacy for technologies and products at all stages of the product life cycle.
- You will cultivate relationships with diverse partners (e.g. Global Strategic Marketing, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, R&D) to develop preclinical plans and studies to generate evidence for regulatory approval and customer adoption of new technologies.
- You identify, communicate and manage the risks associated to the preclinical evaluations of product concepts to ensure timely success of projects.
- You commission preclinical studies placed at internal, CRO, or academic laboratories. You monitor studies for quality execution and progress.
- Through your strong communication skills, you provide updates on progress and summaries of the results and are able to convey the results to professionals in other fields, including regulatory reviewers.
- Doctorate degree veterinary medicine, biological sciences, biomedical engineering with 2 years of research or surgical experience.
- Master’s degree (or higher) is required, with a minimum of 8 years of medical / surgical research experience in a medical device, pharmaceutical, or academic environment.
- Knowledge of medical device regulations, regulatory/notified body requirements is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work across boundaries and influence program direction is required
- Ability to create and clearly communicate plans and results- in both written and oral format.
- Lead and work effectively in a team-oriented environment that embraces ownership and accountability for innovation, change, risk, and flexibility
- Experience in project management is required
- This position will be located in Cincinnati, OH and may require up to 25% travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.