Company: Research Diets Inc.
Position Type: Full Time
Work location: On-Site
Job Type: Project Management
Experience: None required
Industry: Preclinical Research
Location: New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
Research Diets Inc. is the largest manufacturer of purified laboratory animal diets for researchers worldwide. There is a current opening for a position as Scientist / Project Manager, which is a position that requires a high level of both oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to coordinate of multiple projects at the same time. The Scientist / Project Manager will consult with researchers around the world to determine the proper diet formulation(s) to address specific research goals for various animal models.
Job responsibilities include:
• Formulating custom purified diets for a wide range of specific research goals. Formulas are developed from a combination of consultation with the researcher, the scientific literature and our own expertise.
• Provide support and technical assistance for researchers about our products and general diet-induced phenotype questions.
• Review scientific literature to stay current in various diet-induced phenotypes and identify trends in animal models of human disease for new product development.
• Represent the company at scientific conferences both in our exhibition booth as well as through opportunities to present posters and talks.
• Write reviews and blog posts on the effects of diet-driven phenotypes.
• Visit clients or potential customers with PowerPoint presentations regarding the importance of diet choice in animal research.
• Present scientific data at annual conferences (oral presentations or posters).
• Develop collaborations with academic or industry researchers to design diet related studies in an effort to generate data for diet sales.
Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in the Life Sciences with a background in nutrition and pre-clinical animal research as well as strong communication skills (both written and oral).