Technical Support Specialist, Neuroscience
The Technical Support Specialist, Neuroscience will be responsible for product support for prospects, customers, subsidiary offices, distributors and Territory Sales Managers via phone and email. The candidate is required to have in-depth product knowledge, including use, maintenance, and repair, to support the sales of Harvard Bioscience-Coulbourn Instruments, Panlab, and CMA product lines to academic, government, pharmaceutical and other organizations. Person will be essential in supporting Technical Support colleagues and engineering about product function, user requests, product improvements and product maintenance. This person will engage heavily with the Global Marketing team in the design of products from the perspective of the customers and liaise with engineering for execution of customization to standard products. Provide pre and post-sales support to distributors, subsidiary offices, customers and outside sales force. This role also requires support of repairs, which may include diagnostics and repair. Ultimately significantly contribute toward the sales growth of Harvard Bioscience through appropriate customer communication and follow through.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- External technical liaison; communicates with and supports prospects, customers, subsidiary offices, distributors and sales providing pre and post-sales support on Harvard Bioscience’s behavioral and in vivo electrophysiology equipment.
- In field customer and Territory Manager support key component to job success-primarily international focus.
- Assist Territory and Channel Managers with targeted prospecting and work with sales team to foster opportunities to close. Primarily international.
- Escalation points for Technical Support and Customer Service issues.
- Contributes to cross functional teams within Harvard Bioscience.
- Prepare detailed quotes to meet the customer’s requirements, primarily international.
- Follows sales process for following up leads and quotations.
- Interface with vendors regarding product information.
- Maintains customer records.
- Obtains customer feedback on applications, product performance and beta tests and relays it to Global Product Marketing Managers as well as engineering.
- Leads training of Technical Support and Sales colleagues on in vivo electrophysiology, behavior and microdialysis products where needed.
- Attend technical trainings and trade shows as required.
- Estimated travel requirement 25%.
Competency To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- To have a high level of motivation and passion to assist customers, sales and service people to overcome any problems that they may have which relate to our instruments in a timely manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyse information skilfully and propose an appropriate solution.
- Have written and verbal communication skills which are appropriate for a customer facing role.
- Be adaptable to manage competing demands; Change approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Be hardworking and enthusiastic with exceptional attention to detail.
- Be a capable of thinking on your feet and working under pressure without compromise. Manage difficult customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; respond to requests for service and assistance.
- Be capable of balancing teamwork with individual workload and responsibility. Supporting the team’s efforts to succeed.
- Be capable of testing all equipment to see if technical specifications are met.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience –D in Neuroscience or related field preferred, Master’s Degree with related experience considered.
- Language Skills –Second Language would be ideal, but not required.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in using Microsoft Office; Cloud Based Applications, Online Search Engines, and comfortable with basic computing skills.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETERAN/DISABILITY
In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.