Vutara Super Resolution Microscopy Product Manager
As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
The Vutara Super Resolution Microscopy Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements; defining the product and scientific application vision; working closely with engineering, sales, application and service teams to ensure booking and revenue goals are met, customer satisfaction and product requirements are fulfilled. The Vutara Super Resolution Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that efforts in New Product Introductions and new markets development that are aligned with Bruker Fluorescence Microscopy business unit’s overall strategy and goals.
- Be fluent in Vutara product customer needs, product requirements, enhancing product capabilities, and developing new application areas through market data analysis, customer interactions, customer feedback, and academic collaborations.
- Develop new product lines and improvements to existing product lines, appraise ideas of market viability and financial feasibility, determine product pricing and KPI’s, lead initial phase-gate processes, develop marketing plans with General Manager, assessing competing products and their offerings.
- Develop technical specifications and product requirements for new products, ensure that those are clearly communicated to engineering, and work with engineering to facilitate the development of new Vutara products and platforms.
- Work with Vutara worldwide sales director to generate annual sales projections and targets, new opportunity generation, and sales leads.
- Create product marketing communication objectives for website promotion, sales team, conferences, and trade show to further product knowledge.
- Work directly with the Vutara worldwide sales director to create product sales strategies and application areas in new market segments.
- Actively identify and develop further application opportunities for single molecule products; follow scientific, research, and industry trends in order to maintain competitive market advantage of Bruker single molecule systems; foster research collaborations to incubate new application areas; develop marketing and sales material and training to assist sales teams with identifying and targeting single molecule localization customers.
- Drive our product offerings to the market. This role will define new product specifications and requirements for our offerings and will manage the Company’s products through the product life cycle. As Product Manager you will also be responsible for estimating market opportunity and competitive positioning, delivering training to the Sales team, setting pricing strategy, and marketing promotional strategy. This role will be key in supporting the Sales team and helping aid their Sales targeting. This position will work strategically to define the product roadmap for key market segments.
- Manage Vutara Super Resolution Microscopy application team and coordinate their workplace duties for product demonstrations, webinars and seminars, as well as for application development projects.
- Coordinate with OEM software team for new imaging modality and analysis features implementation.
- Coordinate with Production on Vutara product manufacturing and production to ensure a smooth, stable production pipeline.
- Coordinate with Sales team for customer demos, data analysis, and interactive feedback to customers.
Normal office work (performing instrument, using computer etc.) and worldwide travel in different countries/regions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A positive team player, self-motivated with strong marketing and instrumentation skills.
- Can-do attitude and result driven.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills
- Energetic self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to drive the worldwide Vutara product line business independently.
- Must be able to travel worldwide.
- Fluent in English. Other additional language is an advantage.
- Master or PhD in Physical or Life Science discipline
- Min. 5 years instrumentation experience (Product Manager experience in life Science related companies is preferred)
- Technical background (including PhD research) in Physical or Life Science field preferred.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.