Josie Godfrey improves patient access to services and treatments through market access, policy, and public affairs and stakeholder engagement, with a particular focus on rare diseases and innovative medicines. Josie has a proven track record of delivering complex multi stakeholder projects including as Strategic Director for Duchenne UK’s Project HERCULES. policy initiatives to improve health and healthcare.
Josie has 10 years’ experience in HTA for rare diseases having established the Highly Specialised Technologies (HST) program at NICE and the predecessor program, the Advisory Group for National Specialised Services (AGNSS). Founder and Director of JG Zebra Consulting Ltd.
- Current and recent projects include:
Strategic Director for Duchenne UK’s Project Hercules – a global collaboration developing disease level evidence and tools to support HTA and reimbursement processes for new treatments for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Winner of the 2019 EURORDIS Black Pearl Award for Patient Engagement.
- Co-chairing EUCOPE Gene and Cell Therapy Working Group addressing barriers to the successful adoption of cell and gene therapies in Europe
- Developing policy campaigns, white papers, and position statements for pharmaceutical companies and patient organizations
- Supporting companies seeking market access in the UK and Europe
- Chairing Advisory Boards, mock appraisals, and strategy workshops
Trustee at Metabolic Support UK, the UK charity for rare metabolic conditions.