Virtual Poster Program Terms & Conditions
By submitting your research and participating in the Virtual Poster Program (VPP), you agree to the following terms & conditions:
- Data presented in the VPP must be original and accurate. Authorship should be based on a substantial intellectual contribution. “Acknowledgements” provide an opportunity to note assistance that does not warrant authorship but does merit recognition.
- Priority of data and ideas must be respected. Authors are responsible for consulting and citing relevant work where appropriate.
- Any data reported in scientific communications involving human or animal subjects must have been conducted in compliance with the relevant institutional review boards.
- All data should be presented so as to minimize the possibility of misinterpretation.
- Materials and Methods must be described in specific terms with sufficient detail to permit replication. Video and images, guides and additional supplementary resources are encouraged.
- Presentations must be prepared using the Microsoft Powerpoint (PPT) to meet the format and guidelines provided and submitted prior to the agreed deadline for review by InsideScientific.
- Authors are encouraged to have content reviewed by colleagues prior to their virtual poster recording date.
- Financial contributions to the work being reported should be clearly acknowledged, as should any potential conflict of interest.
- The sole responsibility for acceptance or rejection of a virtual poster rests with InsideScientific.
- Researchers are cautioned that extensive disclosure of research results (specifically, new scientific discovery and associated data) in the public press may preclude publication in some peer-reviewed journals. InsideScientific accepts no responsibility for potential or perceived loss of opportunity for peer-reviewed publication of research shared in the VPP.
- Researchers agree to produce and publicize their research in the VPP under the following Creative Commons license: Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
- InsideScientific may seek financial support from industry partners to cover the production, marketing and continued hosting of the VPP; financial support will likely come in the form of sponsorship of posters that are accessible on the website
- Industry scientists (non-academic researchers) are also welcome to submit virtual posters in this program, but must agree to cover associated sponsorship fees for production of each poster before a recording date is set. Email [email protected] for details.
- The Presenter shall defend, indemnify and hold InsideScientific harmless against any and all claims brought against InsideScientific alleging that the presentation violates any proprietary rights, is slanderous or libelous in any way, or relate in any way to the warranties made by Presenter hereunder.
- Presenter warrants that the content of their presentation does not violate any proprietary rights of any third parties, including copyright rights. Presenter further warrants that the content of the presentation will not be libelous, slanderous or defamatory in any way.
- Presenter will refrain from specific product endorsement whenever possible. Under no circumstances should the virtual poster be used as a place for direct promotion of a company, product, service or monetary self-interest.