Join Dr. Thanh Nguyen for a presentation on injectable implants developed using twin-screw extrusion, an upcoming technology in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Injectable implants have distinct advantages for certain applications; for example, their efficacy over a long period of time can increase patient compliance, and the drug substance is applied in a non-systemic manner. Development and manufacturing of these implants often involves polymers as a matrix which makes twin-screw extrusion a perfect technology for their development. Nevertheless, it is a comparatively new technology and much can still be learned about the applicability and benefits of twin-screw extrusion. This seminar aims to give an introduction as well as real-life examples of what to look out for when entering this field of pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Key Topics Include:
- Learn how you can prepare long lasting implants using Hot Melt Extrusion
- Gain an overview and applications for injectable implants
- What to consider when choosing polymeric matrices for drug delivery systems
Who Should Attend?
- Formulation scientists and engineers in the pharmaceutical industry
- Academia who want to learn more about the possibilities to utilize HME for implant development and manufacturing
Click to watch the webinar recording. To view the presentation full screen simply click the square icon located in the bottom-right corner of the video-viewer.
To retrieve a PDF copy of the presentation, click on the link below the slide player. From this page, click on the “Download” link to retrieve the file.