Deepak Sahu, MBA, explains how HEOR studies are important for generating useful effectiveness data for success of medical technologies.
Adoption, utilization, and payment of medical technologies require safety, efficacy, and effectiveness data to convince the purchaser (provider, payer, or patient). In the United States (US) healthcare system, long-term data on effectiveness is critical to maintain payer confidence in the technology and serve the population. Therefore, a well-designed Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) study is vital for generating short- and long-term effectiveness data. In addition, this webinar discusses a stepwise strategic approach to developing HEOR data for medical technology.
Key Topics Include:
- Learn strategic approach to HEOR in medical devices
- Understand the current framework in the US
- Understand how HEOR is being used to convince various stakeholders including investors
- Understand concepts through a case study
- Analyze relevance of HEOR approach for reimbursement