Advances in laboratory instrumentation for cardiovascular research have provided scientists with a multitude of technologies for monitoring function in both anesthetized and conscious animals in vivo. Functional assays using isolated heart preparations, vessels, and cardiomyocytes provide additional layers of scientific investigation, all contributing to a deeper understanding of basic cardiovascular physiology, cardiomyopathy, translational science and potential treatment modalities for heart related illness. The purpose of this webinar series is to provide an overview of current trends and advancements in the field of preclinical cardiovascular research.
To register for upcoming webinars in this series or view content on-demand please visit the individual event pages listed below.
THU, NOV. 1, 2018
Ronglih Liao and Davor Pavlovic discuss techniques for isolating myocytes using both traditional and Langendorff-free methodologies, including key considerations, best practices and how to achieve and confirm optimal myocyte quality
THU, NOV. 15, 2018
Join Dr. Tim Hacker for a discussion on experimental design, strategy, technology, common challenges and best-practices associated with planning long-term, chronic models of cardiovascular disease in rodents.
Experts discuss a novel method of recording serial measurements of cardiac function in rodents using high-resolution ultrasound paired with implantable telemetry.
Experts in preclinical and clinical ECG safety assessment discuss how advances in arrhythmia detection and concentration effects modelling improve study outcomes.
- Creating models of Heart Failure
- HFpEF vs HFrEF
- Myocardial Infarction
- Trans-Aortic Constriction
- Cardiac Remodeling
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Preload, Afterload, Contractility and Lusitropy
- Ventricular-Vascular Interactions
- Studying Blood Flow and Blood Pressure
- Integrating noninvasive and invasive experimental design
- Cardiovascular Safety Pharmacology
- Invasive Blood Pressure & Blood Flow Sensors
- Cardiac Imaging Systems
- Myocyte Calcium-Contractility Systems
- Pressure-Volume Loop Systems
- Noninvasive Blood Pressure and Flow Systems
- Implantable, Wireless Telemetry
- Isolated Heart Systems (Langendorff and Working Heart)
- Surgical Equipment & Vital Sign Monitors for Invasive Cardiac Procedures